Contrast Climate Pricing - Sales & Marketing strategy - Micro-Economics at play

I this post I would like to discuss a Sales Strategy that I recently gathered from Peter Thomson's video...

Before you quote the price to the consumer, create a contrast; aka climate; for the same, because otherwise, the price will either look too cheap or too expensive to the user, basis their prior experience.

Setting up the climate means to inform the user of the monetary value of:

[a]
Advantages that s/he would get by using your product

[b]
Effort or Cost that went into preparing the given product/service

or, in the worst case the monetary value of:
[c]
Disadvantages that s/he would get by not using your product

******************

So, for example, Peter himself uses this strategy while sales-pitching his seminars to his TG.

Instead of saying:
The ticket price for my seminar on <skill name> is $50."

He says:
"I've spent over $100k
learning this <skill name>
by buying online courses, video programs, audio podcasts, books, attending seminars, paying for coachings, etc.
I've also tested all that knowledge in the real market.
And, now, I would like to share
the same knowledge; that I have put in one place; with you in my seminar -
The ticket price for which is $50 only."





Credits:
Amazon.com/Sales-Letters-Sizzle-Herschell-Gordon/dp/0844235474
Linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6467700251707957248
YouTube.com/watch?v=RXc3K-4Wsf0

No comments:

Post a Comment